Thursday, February 25, 2010

Traditional Mantel Design




Currently, Im in the shop working on this mantel for our customer. The design was inspired by a picture in Get Your House Right. I also used a few other resourses to help me decide on the details. What I like most about this design is that all the moldings are restrained. Im used to using larger moldings for mantels but every picture I have seen recently in most of my books show mantels with smaller moldings..and over hanging emphasized mantel tops. I thought I would step out of my comfort zone on this one, and use some of the new things I have been learning. Of course none of this would be possible if I did not use Sketchup to see what my ideas would look like. Also to get my customers approval on my design.

Look for an update on progress shots soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment